Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Frustrated...


For the group project, I've been looking into information on Women in the Middle East and the book I chose was one that won't work for our group. I chose a book called "Women of Courage, Intimate Stories from Afghanistan," but it won't work for our group because it is just a collection of interviews. It doesn't seem to have a lot of substance for what the goal of the group project is to be. I did begin searching for films for us to watch during our presentation. The one given is called "Two Women" (1998) directed by Tahmineh Milani. This film chronicles the lives of two female students in Iran and how these two different women live their lives. I looked this film up online and found it for about $3.00 at half.com and Rotten Tomatoes gave it an 83% rating. I decided to keep looking for other films that would work well with our group project as well as other novels, since mine didn't work out!

1 comment:

  1. The collection of interviews sounds fascinating!!! Are there many different topics discussed? I have hear about the "Two Women" film before, but have never seen it.

    ReplyDelete