Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Group Project, Paper, and Life

I've been working on the group project a little bit. Our group decided to go to the play, 9 Parts of Desire and my group member Bailey and I will go this Thursday to see it. I think this play will really help us understand what being a woman in Iraq is really like. I think it'll help us prepare a good lecture and especially if other students see the play beforehand, we will have prior knowledge to pull from. I also finished my paper last night. I remembered in class, Rachel talking about some websites she found on gender roles and familial relationships. I was able to use those to help support my paper. I thought it was really interesting the comparison I could make between Turkish culture, Egyptian culture, and our own stereotypes. Everything's been pretty busy lately...but I remember a phrase that I learned in my communications class. Dumela! It means in South African, "hello or good day." But the way we used it in class was, "I believe in you, I affirm you, I support you."

Dumela!

No comments:

Post a Comment